Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Musings: Bookmail & Touring the Freedom Tower! [5]

Two birds one stone - I stumbled upon The Sunday Post Meme hosted by the lovely Caffinated Book Reviewer & the Stacking The Shelves meme hosted by the awesome Tynga's Reviews! It is quite similar to what I'm doing here with my Sunday musings - recapping the week in book blogging universe as well as letting you guys know about what books I bought or received.


Where do I begin to describe the last week? I just arrived back from my trip to New York today and I'm totally exhausted! I think in total I had about 15 hours of DECENT sleep in the last 6 days I was in New York! Between hanging out with my cousins and sight seeing/celebrating Memorial Day weekend, there wasn't time to rest! With that being said, I had a freakin' BLAST in New York! I got to tour the new One World Trade Freedom Tower that rose in place of the twin towers. It was such a monumental moment and it was surreal to be up there! What a way to spend Memorial Day Weekend! There was plenty of awesome food that was eaten but sadly not a lot of down time to read!


Before I left I got a chance to host an Debut Author Interview with the amazing Gina Ciocca! She wrote the beautiful book Last Year's Mistake which hits bookstores on June 9th. Gina is such a fun and down to earth author so check out the interview I did with her to learn more about how a writer and her story came to life!


~

Two new books came in the mail this week while I was away:


Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend By Katie Finn
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto By Chuck Klostermann

~
Last but not least I'll end the post with a recap of my #monthofmaybookchallenge happening on my bookstagram:

    

18. Perfect Book Boyfriend (DREW EVANS) , 19. Best Plot Twist

    

20. Bookmarks , 21. Girl On Cover

    

22. Unexpected Ending , 23. Book & Clock

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING &SUNDAY!
-SHERRY

No comments:

Post a Comment