Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday Thoughts & Talks [2]

This is a meme hosted HERE that asks us to present something we've learned or thought about after we finished reading a book to anyone out there - sparking a conversation amongst us!

What I Read to Spark the feels:

This week for my Tuesday T&T, I want to talk about the idea of love at first sight. The book Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist sparked the thought this time around. Maybe it was the idea of falling for someone in one night's time (somewhat the premise of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) that triggered my thought. I'd like to believe in the idea of love at first sight. What it's made to be like in movies and books is something I would love to experience. I know I'm a highly emotional person. I cry at everything! And I don't wish it any other way. I enjoy feeling a rush of emotion, good & bad. As cliché as it might sound, I feel like at those moments of heightened emotion, I know I'm alive! I know that I base a lot of things that I love on various factors as well. There is a long list of things that make me love ketchup for example. And then there is a long list of reasons that I love my momma. Could I blindly love someone without knowing all the factors? 

So, love at first sight - yay or nay for you? Some people say love takes time ('falling' in love) but could it be instantaneous? I guess I leave this thought open to interpretation because I sure know there are a lot of reasons why people don't or can't believe in love at first sight. 

What's your take on the idea of love at first sight?

If you want to participate in the Tuesday Thoughts & Talks, just grab the banner, post your own Tues.T&T on your blog & then leave a comment down below with a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment