Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday Thoughts & Talks [4]

This is a meme hosted HERE that asks us to present something we've learned or thought about after we finished reading a book to anyone out there - sparking a conversation amongst us!

What I Read to Spark the feels:

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin was one of those instrumental books I read during high school that altered a really big part of me. I picked up this book because of the cover and didn't know it told such a deep story of life and death. Death wasn't something I thought much about before this book. What it meant and the significance of it. As a kid you're kind of taught to be sad and mourn but never told why it's sad or at least for me. I grew up in a family that dealt with death in sort of a silent way. After reading this book, I remember taking sometime to really think about what death might be like and what sort of aftermath it left with those around you. Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs but how many of those are based on someone else's ideals? I'm guilty of blindly believing in certain things because of how I grew up and I am in no means shaming or disregarding anyone. There are certain things that we believe in that tie us to our older generations or people. In the case of how we all think about life and death, and what they both entail, I think it's important we all develop our own way of perceiving them. They are such monumental moments in our life that I believe we should give them as much thought as possible. 

What are your own beliefs on life and death? Do you think life and death is a personal journey or one meant with others?

If you want to participate in the Tuesday Thoughts & Talks, just grab the banner, post your own Tues.T&T on your blog & then leave a comment down below with a link to your post!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about this book! I actually have a copy on my shelf but have yet to read it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read! Very interesting perspective that you get to read through and experience!

      Delete