Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday [5]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine - spotlighting books that haven't been released yet!

My Waiting on Wednesday this week is...
Under the Lights (Daylight Falls #2)
Expected Release Date: June 30th 2015

Josh Chester loves being a Hollywood bad boy, coasting on his good looks, his parties, his parents' wealth, and the occasional modeling gig. But his laid-back lifestyle is about to change. To help out his best friend, Liam, he joins his hit teen TV show, Daylight Falls...opposite Vanessa Park, the one actor immune to his charms. (Not that he's trying to charm her, of course.) Meanwhile, his drama-queen mother blackmails him into a new family reality TV show, with Josh in the starring role. Now that he's in the spotlight—on everyone's terms but his own—Josh has to decide whether a life as a superstar is the one he really wants.

Vanessa Park has always been certain about her path as an actor, despite her parents' disapproval. But with all her relationships currently in upheaval, she's painfully uncertain about everything else. When she meets her new career handler, Brianna, Van is relieved to have found someone she can rely on, now that her BFF, Ally, is at college across the country. But as feelings unexpectedly evolve beyond friendship, Van's life reaches a whole new level of confusing. And she'll have to choose between the one thing she's always loved...and the person she never imagined she could.

(Synopsis Provided by Goodreads)

This is a second in the Daylight Falls Series by Dahlia Adler but it can be read as a stand alone. I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before because it is totally a contemporary YA for me! Hopefully I can read the first one in the series Behind the Scenes before this one is released! I love the behind the scenes-fame life of youngsters trope in YA lit so this is perfect, right?

 Is there such a thing as too much contemporary YA? LOL
Leave a link in the comments below to your own Waiting on Wednesday I'll make sure to stop by!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

10 comments:

  1. I'm undecided about this book, but I hope you enjoy it!

    Check out my WOW - Vicious Cycle

    ReplyDelete

  2. This sounds great, definitely adding to my TBR! and I love contemporary YA so I say there is never enough!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to that! Can't help all the awesomeness of them! ♥

      Delete
  3. Behind the Scenes is good, but I personally liked Under the Lights even more (yay ARCs!). I really hope you enjoy this one.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm super excited to read this one! Glad you liked it that much! Happy Reading ♥

      Delete
  4. How have I not heard of this series before? I love reading contemporaries. It's my favorite genre, so no, you can never read too many.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. General consensus: NEVER TOO MUCH YA CONTEMPORARIES! I shall continue my hoarding of them :P & no problemo my love♥I have to ask is your blog name named after the Wentworth Miller of Prison Break?

      Delete
  5. I have been hearing SUCH good things about this one! I have yet to read Behind the Scenes Even if it works as a standalone, I can't jump to #2, my brain goes all crazy jumping ahead in a series hahaha Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally get where you're coming from! Sometimes you just got to know everything before moving on in a series! Get all your info first ;P

      Delete