Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tuesday Thoughts & Talks [5]

This is a meme hosted HERE that asks us to present something we've learned or thought about after we finished reading a book to anyone out there - sparking a conversation amongst us!

What I Read to Spark the feels:

This weeks topic is on personal style we draw from books. After reading books like Gossip Girl, the Private Series by Kate Brian and others alike, I can't get away from drawing comparisons to how my life differs so dramatically from that of these socialites. I know our worlds stand so separate but it'll be a lie if I said I never thought about what my life would be like if I was put in their shoes. Books like these always encouraged me to explore other lifestyles and more specifically - my own dressing style. I think it's safe to say now, in my early twenties, that I somewhat reached a point where I know what I do and don't like to wear and have somewhat decent style. I had such random choices and some very regrettable fashion choices growing up - didn't we all? I gear my focus towards the higher class socialite scene but it could reach different faucets. You could be inspired by the goth punk, the hipster, and the tons of other styles in the books we read. What I want to get at here is the idea that the books we read can shape us beyond the mental and emotional level. They have potential to influence how we dress and act too.

Feel free to tell me what I'm saying is ludicrous or tell me your story in the comments below about your sense of style and what has shaped it! 

If you want to participate in the Tuesday Thoughts & Talks, just grab the banner, post your own Tues.T&T on your blog & then leave a comment down below with a link to your post!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so good! I love all the scandal that happens! I was really sad about it's failed online mini series! I wish it continued or was done a bit better!

      Delete