Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday [10]: The Next Together By Lauren James

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine - spotlighting books that haven't been released yet!

My Waiting on Wednesday this week is...
The Next Together By Lauren James
Expected Release Date: September 3rd 2015

How many times can you lose the person you love? 
Katherine and Matthew are destined to be born again and again, century after century. Each time, their presence changes history for the better, and each time, they fall hopelessly in love, only to be tragically separated. 

Spanning the Crimean War, the Siege of Carlisle and the near-future of 2019 and 2039 they find themselves sacrificing their lives to save the world. But why do they keep coming back? What else must they achieve before they can be left to live and love in peace? 

Maybe the next together will be different...

A powerful and epic debut novel for teenagers about time-travel, fate and the timelessness of first love. The Next Together is told through a mixture of regular prose, diary entries, letters, "original" historical documents, news reports and internet articles.

(Synopsis Provided By Goodreads)

Sounds so heartbreakingly good! I love the promise of dynamic settings/love that The Next Together hints at in the blurb! The cover was really captivating too! I wonder what it'll be like to go from the very far past into the future with these characters! I hope some of you readers will be intrigued by this one too! Let me know what you think ;P

Leave a link in the comments below to your own Waiting on Wednesday I'll make sure to stop by!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

12 comments:

  1. YAY for time travel! This book sounds fantastic and I can't wait to read it! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by Michelle's Minions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I commend any author who writes about time travel! It's always so complex! Cheers to us enjoying this read ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree—it DOES sound heartbreakingly good! Wonderful pick, Sherry!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure to have tissues by my side ;) Much thanks love!

      Delete
  3. I love that synopsis, yet haven't I read something similar before? Why, yes, that would be the Fallen series by Lauren Kate.

    "Luce and Daniel have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart."

    Hmm, it's not an original idea, but I do hope that you enjoy reading it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is VERY similar to the Fallen Series!!! I totally lost interest in the second book of that series-I just couldn't follow the writing anymore :/ I hope this book is better! Much thanks Sandra

      Delete
  4. Great pick -- I love this cover and can't wait to read this one!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover drew me in too! Glad you're interested as well! Happy Reading :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great read. Heartbreaking, but great. And the cover is very pretty, I love it.
    Great pick and I hope you enjoy this book when it comes out!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartbreak is always a bittersweet thing - on one hand you want to feel everything but on the other you don't want to cry and feel empty afterward! Maybe that's just me ;P Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This is one of my most anticipated reads! I love books with time travel and romance. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is about time travel that really captivates us readers! I hope we both enjoy this read whenever we get to it ;P Thanks for stopping by lovely! ♥

      Delete